View Profile JohnLeprechaun

All 359 Audio Reviews

148 w/ Responses

Well...

You seem to have the notes down and everything, but the instruments are really annoying and you need to increase the BPM massively.

P1KM1NM4N responds:

Yeah, I know. It's hard to make good music with the demo version of fruity loops, not being able to save work and all. Thanks for the review I might try some stuff later and see if it sounds good.

Awesome.

I can't tell you how many hours of road trip have been filled with this song. It probably saved me from a death by boredom on several occasions. My iPod wouldn't be the same without it! Great song, I love the choice of synths and the arrangement is great.

Jebbal responds:

i love hearing stuff like this :) can't lie, i've spent a lot of time listening to this song in the car too haha i don't care if its my own song. BUT i have the extended version unknown to newgrounders so i get to jam for an extra 30 seconds! glad you like this!

Thanks for the review!

I doubt this is your first song

It may be the first one you uploaded, or perhaps the first one you made in FL Studio, but there's no way this was your first ever time composing music. I'm not saying you don't have talent, because you do, but I can hear things in this song that I didn't even know existed in FL Studio until I had used it for more than a year.

Firefreezer responds:

This was the very first song I made in FL Studio. I didn´t have any other music-composing-software before.

But you know what? I´m playing piano since I was born. ;-)

Hm...

I've noticed that in all of your songs that I have heard, some of the synths are disproportionately "big" (as in they're louder and drown out other components). I think that you could make this song much better by making the percussion and bass a little lower in some parts (although after 1:30 the bass is chillingly awesome) and raising up some of the other sounds.

Caine1989 responds:

Yeah well okay i will work on that, thank u very much for review!^^

Catchy

It's a very well made song, I'll give you that. It gets really, really crowded, though. The melodies and stuff are all pretty solid, and the effort is pretty evident, but it gets abrasive and muddy at parts.

Interesting...

I enjoyed this a lot. The chord progression was very gripping. I loved it. It felt very mysterious, and the instruments all synced perfectly. I followed the progress of the song very easily, meaning it has a natural flow to it. The only thing is that it gets a bit repetitive towards the middle, and it's kind of disappointing since everything else about the song is so good.

Heh.

To me, this is reminiscent of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Perhaps I'm thinking of Shadow's theme or something. Either way, awesome song. It's definitely really catchy and well made.

Your best

In my opinion, this is your best piece. It has a definite mood and structure, and as usual, the instruments are cool.

Mariofan9 responds:

Thank you! This is the most studied piece I've created, but I feared that using too many rules would go at the cost of creativity.

Nice sounds

I like the instruments involved, but the song doesn't seem to have a real structure. Try what I did when I first started out: If you're having trouble making a consistent melody, try setting up some percussion first and then add the melodies on top of it. If something doesn't follow a good beat, then it will be really obvious.

Mariofan9 responds:

I see what you mean. I made this tune at near random. I have major trouble setting up good percussion, and get frustrated with my work fairly fast.
Thanks for the review.

Nice.

This is very relaxing, but at the same time, it's kind of unsettling. It's serene, yet eerie. I think I'm on the verge of falling asleep at the risk of having a disturbing dream. Good job, the composition is nice.

Sam Frost @JohnLeprechaun